Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday, vol. 1



--- 1 ---
The theme this week is SUMMERTIME. And as a warning- I'm not a huge fan of summer. There are definite pluses, but I'm more a fan of a wintertime: snow, warm fires, and hot chocolate with blankets.

--- 2 ---
But the best part of summer is the music. I love listening to country music, and country music was made for the summer. Can you imagine listening to this (Rascal Flatts' "Banjo") in the middle of winter? I personally don't want to hear music about the heat and fireworks and pick up trucks when you have to put on 3 layers of clothing to go outside where the roads and sidewalks are covered with ice, and the last thing you want is a nice, cold, refreshing drink!

--- 3 ---
I don't handle the heat well. Unfortunately, like many people, my body starts to swell, and I get all uncomfortable in my own skin. My fingers start to get bloated, which makes my hands stiff, and then I realize just how totally necessary your hands are in everyday life.

--- 4 ---
You know that feeling when you walk outside and immediately want to go back inside and take a shower? I really like being outside, but in the crazy heat we've been having in Green Bay these past few days, one step outside and you're immediately drenched in sweat. Days like these make me wonder why I ever complained about the cold!

--- 5 ---
The Forth of July is in summer! I love the 4th of July! Grilling out is one of my favorite meals, and this year, I grilled corn on the cob for my sisters and I. Simple, easy, and delicious, if I do say so myself.

--- 6 ---
With fireworks! I'm a little picky when it comes to fireworks. Growing up, my family has traditionally taken this week off and spent it together at our cottage in northern WI. We were right outside a small town, and would go see their fireworks show over the weekend. As a result, I'm partial to the small fireworks shows that aren't paired with music, and don't last more than 15 minutes, and where most people come in a pick up truck with flannel blankets to sit on.We never had the pick up truck, but we did pull out the flannel blankets to sit on!

--- 7 ---
It is hard to beat the view that Madison, WI offers though. Last year I stayed down on campus over the holiday, and that view, with the lake and the capital, is is absolutely spectacular!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment