Friday, September 21, 2012

Flat Tire

I walked out of the CCM today, and found that my car had a flat tire. It had been going a little flat a few weeks ago, but a teammate used his bike pump to fill it up, and there didn't seem to be too many problems after that. Until now; when it was very noticeably flat. I even tried to drive on it, to see if I could make it over to the shop, but as soon as I started backing out of my parking spot, I knew there was no way I would make it with my tire in the shape that it was.

Before leaving for Virginia, my dad, with great foresight, taught me how to put on the spare tire. Fortunately for me, however, another teammate was around who actually knew what he was doing! (I probably could have gotten the tire off eventually, but Rob was able to do in easily half the time it would have taken me.) Unfortunately for Rob, however, the tire was stuck to the car, like really stuck. It was not coming off! He tried, and then a student tried, we sprayed WD-40 on it, but it just wouldn't budge.

So we left the flat tire on, and just filled it up with air so that I could bring it in. We found a bike pump in the shed, my teammate filled it up again, and I drove it over to Sears. Which is where I am now, catching up on some work and waiting for them to return my car! So far, it's been a great opportunity to practice patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment