Saturday, September 15, 2012

Meet the Team at Mary Washington!

The University of Mary Washington has four full-time missionaries: Anthony, Rob, Susie, and me. Anthony is our Team Director, which means he is in charge of setting our schedules, and helping the rest of to be the best and most effective missionaries that we can be. Anthony, Rob, and I are all from the Midwest-- Anthony is from South Dakota, and Rob's from North Dakota. Susie is from Fairfax, VA, which is right outside Washington, DC, about an hour north of Fredericksburg.

I absolutely love my team. We have so much fun working together, that most of the time it doesn't feel like work! For example, on the first day of class, we went out on to campus to hand out flyers. I don't remember who, but one of the guys came up with the idea to dress up as a gorilla and the other decided to dress up as a banana. I also don't remember when we started to take that idea seriously...

The team, with Fr. Edlefsen, right before heading out onto campus. From left to right: me, Father Edlefsen, Rob dressed as a gorilla, Anthony dressed as a banana, and Susie.
The new students got a huge kick out of it, and many of them took a picture with the monkey and banana. It was also effective for getting new faces into the CCM (the Catholic Campus Ministry). Father absolutely loved that we were willing to do the ridiculous, but I think some of the returning students were wondering what they were in for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment