Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 5







--- 1 ---
I'm cheating a little bit this week for my quick takes. I had a fairly low-key week, so I thought I would share an easy 6-step recipe for a tortilla sandwich. Tortilla sandwiches is an easy meal I discovered when I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, but didn't have any bread. So I used tortillas! Since then, I've expanded on the recipe and it's one of my favorite, easy meals.

--- 2 ---
Basic Ingredients:
-Tortillas- I've used either 1 large tortilla folded in half, or 2 smaller tortillas
-Beans (black beans or pinto beans)- I suppose you don't really need beans, but I love them and this is usually what I do with taco leftovers
-Cheese- absolutely necessary! Not only because I'm from WI and cheese is a staple in just about every meal, but also because it's what makes the tortillas stick together.

--- 3 ---
Additional Ingredients:
-Hamburger
-Tomatoes
-Salsa
-Refried beans
-Rice
-Taco Sauce/Enchilada Sauce/Hot Sauce
-Sour Cream
-Lettuce- although I put the lettuce on top of the tortilla, instead of grilling it inside of the sandwich

--- 4 ---
Directions:
Warm up the frying pan, and add about a tablespoon of olive oil, or whatever oil you have on hand, or butter. I like the flavor of the olive oil, and the way it makes the tortillas crispy.
Did I really need a picture of oil in a frying pan?

--- 5 ---
Layer the ingredients on the tortillas. I like to put some cheese on the bottom and on the top, to help it really stick together.
LOTS of cheese!
--- 6 ---
Put the sandwich in the hot pan, and cook on one side until the tortilla is warm and crispy. Flip, and do the same for the second side.

--- 7 ---
If you want, you can put lettuce and/or spinach and/or sour cream and/or salsa and/or hot sauce on top of the warm sandwich. Eat up, and enjoy!
I only had lettuce on hand, so that's what I used. But I also ate it with some ranch dressing,
which was surprisingly good!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment