Thursday, August 16, 2012

Greetings from Virginia!

Oh my goodness! The past week has been a total whirlwind! I am now in Virginia, and just finished my first official day of work here at the University of Mary Washington. Within the past week, I packed up all my things, traveled halfway across the country, unpacked in my new apartment, fell sick with a cold, and started a new job! It has definitely kept me busy, but a good busy.

The apartment here in Fredericksburg is huge! It's easily twice the size of the place I lived at in Madison, and everything, minus cable and internet, is included in rent, even parking! I'm still a little in awe of how much space we have, and I have to stop myself from trying to fill it with furniture.

The city of Fredericksburg is beautiful! It's different from Wisconsin, but still nice. I've had most difficulty getting used to the humidity here. I thought it was bad back home over the summer, but it was nothing compared to what it's like every day here. I keep waiting for the morning when I open the door and step outside without being surprised by the intense, oppressive heat. So far, it hasn't happened; but there's always tomorrow!

When I get a moment, I'll post some pictures. The campus of Mary Washington is absolutely beautiful, with a lot of green space and brick buildings. So far, I'm really enjoying my time here, and can't wait to explore Fredericksburg more and meet the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment